12 - KPTV - Portland News
Daughter Stacy, g-daughter Violet & Jeremy were displaced by this Fire 2 Aug
Stacy & Violet had visited us in Jul, flying out 27 Jul, only to have this
happen a few days later.
Unknown cause, began outside and burned into the building up the outside
into apartments, extended to the eaves and roof or was spontaneous
combustion of mulching or intentionally set or accidental, possibly a BBQ on
a back patio about 12:30 pm Our Daughter & Grand-Daughter were home at
the time, and managed to escape with their 2 dogs Cleo & Bobby, thanks to a
maintenance worker almost kicking their front door in, an
Thanks goodness there was no loss of life (possibly some pets), or injuries
that we know of, only emotional & grief, sadness for having lost everything
or almost everything, items that cannot be replaced, and to now having to
find another place to live from an unknown cause of negligence, intentional
or accidental at this time 7 Aug.
thanks to the Fire Departments who responded Salem OR, Keizer OR and others
for a magnificent save of life & property.
we are happy to announce no Ice Cream or Sundae's or Banana Splits were lost
due to exposure